POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 626 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  626 (Message 11 to 20 of 25)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: 626
Date: 22 Aug 2009 15:06:48
Message: <4a9041c8@news.povray.org>
> Yes. Get your country to pass draconian copyright laws that nobody but the
> big media companies think are a good idea. Then we'll let you see our stuff.[1]

  I don't think many countries have more draconian copyright laws than
Finland currently. (Although I hear that Canada is passing, or has already
passed, a copyright law that makes Finland look like the promised land of
global public domain in comparison.)

  Anyways, I don't think it should be that hard to fool youtube to think
you come from another country, by using some kind of anonymizer proxy or
whatever.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 15:06:48 -0400, Warp wrote:

>   I don't think many countries have more draconian copyright laws than
> Finland currently. (Although I hear that Canada is passing, or has
> already passed, a copyright law that makes Finland look like the
> promised land of global public domain in comparison.)

I don't know about the laws in Finland, but have you looked at (in depth)
the US copyright laws?

>   Anyways, I don't think it should be that hard to fool youtube to think
> you come from another country, by using some kind of anonymizer proxy or
> whatever.

It isn't - as I said, TOR (The Onion Router) is good for this.

Jim

Post a reply to this message