POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Recovery of pictures from old CD Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Recovery of pictures from old CD (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: David H  Burns
Subject: Recovery of pictures from old CD
Date: 14 Aug 2009 11:29:00
Message: <4a8582bc$1@news.povray.org>
Hey all,

I have an old CD with pictures on it that was written under and earlier
version of Windows
when it was easy to add data to a CD and, if you weren't careful, make
everything already on
the CD unreadable. Presumable the data is still there. The data was
readable until quite recently
added another picture. Now it is the only file readable. Disk properties
shows the disk to be about
half full.Does anybody know of any easily available software that could
recover it?

Thanks,
David

Post a reply to this message

Le 14/08/2009 17:29, David H. Burns nous fit lire :
> Hey all,
>
> I have an old CD with pictures on it that was written under and earlier
> version of Windows
> when it was easy to add data to a CD and, if you weren't careful, make
> everything already on
> the CD unreadable. Presumable the data is still there. The data was
> readable until quite recently
> added another picture. Now it is the only file readable. Disk properties
> shows the disk to be about
> half full.Does anybody know of any easily available software that could
> recover it?

you need a software able to select & read the previous sessions of the CD.
IsoBuster might be what you want on windows.

Post a reply to this message

> Le 14/08/2009 17:29, David H. Burns nous fit lire :
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I have an old CD with pictures on it that was written under and earlier
>> version of Windows
>> when it was easy to add data to a CD and, if you weren't careful, make
>> everything already on
>> the CD unreadable. Presumable the data is still there. The data was
>> readable until quite recently
>> added another picture. Now it is the only file readable. Disk properties
>> shows the disk to be about
>> half full.Does anybody know of any easily available software that could
>> recover it?
>
> you need a software able to select & read the previous sessions of the CD.
> IsoBuster might be what you want on windows.

Thanks I'll look it up.

Post a reply to this message