POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New Computer Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  New Computer (Message 71 to 79 of 79)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: New Computer
Date: 16 Aug 2009 14:27:21
Message: <4A884F8D.4080802@hotmail.com>
On 16-8-2009 19:34, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> It appears I had the right pins, they're just not numbered in the
>>> order I was expecting.
>>
>> That /might/ lead to incorrectly wired circuitry :-P
>
> The point being, it *is* the two corner pins, as I expected. It's just
> that those corners aren't numbered 1 and 14 for some reason.

Let me guess: valves

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 16 Aug 2009 15:55:09
Message: <4A88641F.4050505@hotmail.com>
On 16-8-2009 17:27, Stephen wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 16:55:46 +0200, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
>> A popular one afrom the beginning of mainframe computers was core memory
>> (see e.g. http://www.columbia.edu/acis/history/core.html).
>
> Just wandering down memory lane I looked up the Honeywell H316 as it was the
> first computer that I worked on. At one time marketed as "The Honeywell Kitchen
> Computer" LOL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeywell_316

Seems you are a few years before into computers. I started programming
on (I think) a TRS80 in 1978 or 1979. Although I might have encountered
a computer before that at my summer holiday job, which had something to
do with punched cards. My first serious mainframe was a CDC Cyber
stationed at SARA, the computer facility in Amsterdam in 1982.
I just found some stuff from that era. Yip does bring back memories.

Post a reply to this message