POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New Computer Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:15:15 EDT (-0400)
  New Computer (Message 70 to 79 of 79)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: New Computer
Date: 16 Aug 2009 14:21:14
Message: <4a884e1a$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 schrieb:
> The point being, it *is* the two corner pins, as I expected. It's just
> that those corners aren't numbered 1 and 14 for some reason.

You're talking about the power pins?

They are typically found at the opposite corners of the chip, "bottom
left" being GND and "top right" being VCC. Not only for 74xx, but for a
great number of stuff commonly found in DIL packages (memory ICs,
microcontrollers and what-have-you-nots).

The numbering seems to have evolved independently from this, following a
"U" shape starting at "top left". This is /always/ the case for DIL
packages (with problems arising only if pins are completely left out; I
think they're counted as if they were there).

Indeed this, combined, is not very intuitive.

Post a reply to this message