POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Engineering perfection Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Engineering perfection (Message 2 to 11 of 21)
<<< Previous 1 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Engineering perfection
Date: 28 Jul 2009 12:11:38
Message: <4a6f233a$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> packet is carefully designed so that tearing this strip does not, in
> fact, grant access to the contents of the packet.

The reason you're always disappointed is that you have such high standards.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."

From: andrel
Date: 28 Jul 2009 15:16:35
Message: <4A6F4E94.70204@hotmail.com>
On 28-7-2009 13:55, Invisible wrote:
> I've just witnessed something awesome. I bought a packet of chocolate
> buttons, and it comes with a perforated tear strip. Interestingly, the
> packet is carefully designed so that tearing this strip does not, in
> fact, grant access to the contents of the packet.
>
> That's pure brilliance, right there! :-D

pictures or it didn't happen.

Post a reply to this message

From: David H  Burns
Date: 28 Jul 2009 15:41:50
Message: <4a6f547e$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> On 28-7-2009 13:55, Invisible wrote:
>> I've just witnessed something awesome. I bought a packet of chocolate
>> buttons, and it comes with a perforated tear strip. Interestingly, the
>> packet is carefully designed so that tearing this strip does not, in
>> fact, grant access to the contents of the packet.
>>
>> That's pure brilliance, right there! :-D
>
> pictures or it didn't happen.

I'd say "typical". Oh boy another face! :-D
Thunderbird has several of these you can insert from the toobar into email,
but the bar doesn't show up in its newreader.:( Something to do with
Unicode,
maybe.

David

Post a reply to this message

On 28-7-2009 21:41, David H. Burns wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> On 28-7-2009 13:55, Invisible wrote:
>>> I've just witnessed something awesome. I bought a packet of chocolate
>>> buttons, and it comes with a perforated tear strip. Interestingly,
>>> the packet is carefully designed so that tearing this strip does not,
>>> in fact, grant access to the contents of the packet.
>>>
>>> That's pure brilliance, right there! :-D
>>
>> pictures or it didn't happen.
>
> I'd say "typical". Oh boy another face! :-D
> Thunderbird has several of these you can insert from the toobar into email,
> but the bar doesn't show up in its newreader.:( Something to do with
> Unicode,
> maybe.

The ones in the bar are probably the ones it recognizes. The bar is also
there when you write a email to a newsgroup. It does not make sense when
reading, either the original writer added them or not.

Post a reply to this message