POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Engineering perfection : Re: Engineering perfection Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Engineering perfection
From: scott
Date: 29 Jul 2009 02:56:22
Message: <4a6ff296@news.povray.org>
> I've just witnessed something awesome. I bought a packet of chocolate
> buttons, and it comes with a perforated tear strip. Interestingly, the
> packet is carefully designed so that tearing this strip does not, in fact,
> grant access to the contents of the packet.

I would hazard a guess that it is not in fact carefully designed :-)  It
just makes you want to get the CEO or MD to come and show you how to open
their packets!

I don't understand why people can't get this right, it goes wrong on all
sorts of packaging and it's not that hard to get right - look at cigarette
packets for an example of how it should work (but then maybe they just have
more money to spend on Engineering the packaging?).