POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:14:53 EDT (-0400)
  Speaking of conspiracy theories (Message 81 to 90 of 133)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
Date: 2 Aug 2009 16:26:01
Message: <4a75f659$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 15:19:41 -0500, Neeum Zawan wrote:

> On 08/02/09 13:50, Tim Cook wrote:
>> public teat, and prevent us from our God-given constitutional right to
>> bear arms as a metaphor for freedom, despite the fact that we haven't
>> had a ground-force invasion of American soil in a very long time,
>> certainly not within living memory. Well, there's those illegal
>
> 	The right to bear arms is meant for both internal and external
> purposes. It's not just about foreign invasions.

The right to bear arms also is specifically with regard to "a well-
regulated militia".  My read of the 2nd amendment is not that it allows
homeowners to own guns for self-defense, but that it is limited
specifically and explicitly to that "well regulated militia".

The text reads:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free
State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be
infringed."

I do recognize that my interpretation differs from that of the US Supreme
Court, but hey, there's nothing that says I have to agree with the
court's decisions.

Jim

Post a reply to this message