POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: Chambers
Date: 2 Aug 2009 23:57:21
Message: <4a766021$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> On 08/02/09 14:04, Chambers wrote:
>> Not delusional, but deluded. From what I've seen, I think he wanted the
>> war in Iraq badly enough that two things happened:
>>
>> 1) His own view of the available data was biased,
>
>     That makes sense only if you assume he invaded for his stated reasons.

Not necessarily; I assume that, whatever reasons he had, they were
colored by his desire to find a reason to invade.

>> 2) His staff, knowing what he wanted, either consciously or
>> unconsciously colored the information they gave him.
>
>     It actually seems that some in his staff wanted it more than he did.

<snip>

>     Less biased information?
>
>     The intelligence information he received was mostly correct.

I've seen interviews with several people from his staff who talked of
the pressure exerted on them to present information that fit in with the
higher-up's views (though it's not clear if the pressure came from Bush
himself, or if Cheney was trying to keep him misinformed).

According to them, you just did *not* give a report that contradicted
what the cabinet wanted to hear.

--
Chambers