POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A surprising discovery Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  A surprising discovery (Message 1 to 10 of 29)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: A surprising discovery
Date: 23 Jul 2009 15:44:32
Message: <4a68bda0@news.povray.org>
There are many people who believe that Haskell is a weird and baffling
language. Personally, I think this is untrue. Obviously, I am in the
minority here. But today, I found this:

http://www.e-pig.org/downloads/epigram-notes.pdf

WTF-O-Meter: 11.0

(Calibrated with 2001: A Space Oddessy as the 10.0 reference point.)

If you thought Haskell was far-out, this stuff is just mental. Even I
have only the vaguest comprehension of what the hell they're talking
about. This must surely be the only paper ever to refer to Haskell and
ML as "traditional languages". (Not, say, Java and C...) Truly there are
more things in Heaven and Hell than Man can know! o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:44:40 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> There are many people who believe that Haskell is a weird and baffling
> language. Personally, I think this is untrue.

Heh, but you think C is a weird and baffling language, so it balances
out. ;)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> There are many people who believe that Haskell is a weird and baffling
>> language. Personally, I think this is untrue.
>
> Heh, but you think C is a weird and baffling language, so it balances
> out. ;)

Baffling? Yes. Weird? Not so much. Just ill thought out.

Somebody somewhere obviously thought that treating characters and arrays
as the same type was a good idea...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/