POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Arrrgh Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:01 EDT (-0400)
  Arrrgh (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Arrrgh
Date: 23 Jul 2009 09:55:20
Message: <4a686bc8@news.povray.org>
This is why there is a burn-in period for new hardware...

New MB decided it didn't want to boot anymore. Rebooted after adding
software: System would beep, The MB logo would show, screen would blank,
system would beep, the MB logo would show, screen would blank ...

Pulled 1 memory module, same thing
Swapped memory module, same thing
Unplugged drives, same thing
Shorted CMOS reset jumper, same thing
Unplugged power cable, wait 30 sec, plug in, same thing

Called Gigabyte support, rep did all of the above plus

Unplug keyboard, same thing
Remove CMOS battery wait 30 sec, replace, same thing

Support rep concluded "Dead Board, here's our website for RMA"

crap.
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> New MB decided it didn't want to boot anymore. Rebooted after adding
> software: System would beep, The MB logo would show, screen would blank,
> system would beep, the MB logo would show, screen would blank ...

Didn't you mention that the PSU you were using was a bit on the low side for
your hardware?  Maybe the CPU and GPU combination all firing up to max at
boot is enough to reset the PSU?

If you haven't already boxed it up, maybe you could try with an older 3D
card that isn't as power hungry...

Just an idea.

Post a reply to this message