POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Tell me it isn't so! (Message 384 to 393 of 473)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Tell me it isn't so!
Date: 2 Aug 2009 20:12:24
Message: <4a762b68@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 22:40:13 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>Ying tong iddle i po!
>>
> You dirty rotten swine. You deaded me!

One of my favourites was "You dirty rotten swine!  You have let me
thudded on the ground!"

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Aug 2009 20:13:26
Message: <4a762ba6@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 17:51:48 -0400, Bill Pragnell wrote:

>> >Ying tong iddle i po!
>> >
>> >Jim
>> You dirty rotten swine. You deaded me!
>
> Now if the Python quote went unrecognised, I wonder how many people
> won't get that one... :)

Indeed, one of the reasons I posted the quote I did.  It's interesting to
me how many people who are fans of the Pythons are unaware of what their
influences were.

> "Neddy, do you know they're sending up a rocket to photograph the other
> side of you?"

"What time is it, Eccles?"

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> Indeed, one of the reasons I posted the quote I did.  It's interesting to
> me how many people who are fans of the Pythons are unaware of what their
> influences were.

Like me... I'm unaware!

Of course, it may have something to do with the fact that I first became
interested in Monty Python's stuff some 10 years after their last movie.

--
Chambers

Post a reply to this message