POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Evolution of species Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Evolution of species (Message 1 to 10 of 31)
From: Darren New
Subject: Evolution of species
Date: 17 Jul 2009 13:14:46
Message: <4a60b186$1@news.povray.org>
Well, so much for the old "we've never seen it happen, so it can't."

http://www.geneticarchaeology.com/research/Study_catches_2_bird_populations_as_they_split_into_separate_species.asp

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."

From: somebody
Subject: Re: Evolution of species
Date: 17 Jul 2009 16:15:41
Message: <4a60dbed$1@news.povray.org>

> Well, so much for the old "we've never seen it happen, so it can't."

http://www.geneticarchaeology.com/research/Study_catches_2_bird_populations_as_they_split_into_separate_species.asp

It's somewhat of a stretch, and similar to saying that since Asian males
don't see African males as much a threat as they see Asian males, and vice
versa, that we are at a speciation crossroads.

Post a reply to this message

> "Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote in message
>
>> Well, so much for the old "we've never seen it happen, so it can't."

http://www.geneticarchaeology.com/research/Study_catches_2_bird_populations_as_they_split_into_separate_species.asp

> It's somewhat of a stretch, and similar to saying that since Asian males
> don't see African males as much a threat as they see Asian males, and vice
> versa,

well, do they?

> that we are at a speciation crossroads.

what makes you think we aren't?

Post a reply to this message

"andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:4A6### [at] hotmailcom...
> On 17-7-2009 22:17, somebody wrote:
> > "Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote in message
> >
> >> Well, so much for the old "we've never seen it happen, so it can't."

http://www.geneticarchaeology.com/research/Study_catches_2_bird_populations_as_they_split_into_separate_species.asp

> > It's somewhat of a stretch, and similar to saying that since Asian males
> > don't see African males as much a threat as they see Asian males, and
vice
> > versa,

> well, do they?

I don't know. But since "interracial" marriages are more exception than
norm, however you define race, it's not unreasonable and could be the
subject of a social study.

> > that we are at a speciation crossroads.

> what makes you think we aren't?

My point is, why that should make us think that we are?

Post a reply to this message

> "andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> news:4A6### [at] hotmailcom...
>> On 17-7-2009 22:17, somebody wrote:
>>> "Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote in message

http://www.geneticarchaeology.com/research/Study_catches_2_bird_populations_as_they_split_into_separate_species.asp
>>> It's somewhat of a stretch, and similar to saying that since Asian males
>>> don't see African males as much a threat as they see Asian males, and
> vice
>>> versa,
>
>> well, do they?
>
> I don't know. But since "interracial" marriages are more exception than
> norm, however you define race, it's not unreasonable and could be the
> subject of a social study.

intercultural and intersubcultural and intersocial mariages are
uncommon. interracial is just correlated with that. At least from my
point of view, which is one from a subculture where race is not an
issue. Race is for me just as relevant as length or haircolor. I notice
it but it doesn't turn me on or off. I the group of people that I
usually encounter race also does not seem an issue, lots of interracial
pairs.

Or to put it at a more personal level: do you fancy any white, black, or
asian (etc) movie stars, musicians, or ordinary people you met?

>>> that we are at a speciation crossroads.
>
>> what makes you think we aren't?
>
> My point is, why that should make us think that we are?

Because of the definition of a species. If two groups don't mix they are
two separate species (or if you you the stricter definition of unable to
mix, they will inevitably be soon).

Post a reply to this message