POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rebel without a cause Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  Rebel without a cause (Message 1 to 10 of 51)
From: Invisible
Subject: Rebel without a cause
Date: 2 Jul 2009 04:50:31
Message: <4a4c74d7$1@news.povray.org>
Just for giggles, I came to work today in casual jeans and trainers
rather than my usual shirt and office trousers. I even spiked my hair.

The result is... interesting.

Part of me was worried I'd get fired - but hey, most of the lab staff
turn up in jeans and a T-shirt every single day. Ah, but I don't work in
the lab, I work in the office. But even so, that trainee project manager
always looked like a builder, complete with the butt cleavage. (Mind
you, he *did* get fired... but possibly because he was a useless twat
who didn't do anything. Oh, wait...)

Another part of me was going with the oblivion theory: People have a
surprising capacity to not notice things. Maybe nobody will notice my
radically different look? I mean, I spend all day sitting alone in my
office. It's not like anybody *sees* me. Maybe nobody will take any notice?

Well, I'm perfectly sure my mum would flip out if she knew I was at a
place of work looking like a chav. But she's not here, so I don't care.
:-P My dad got into the car this morning and didn't say a word.
[Actually, yes he did. Something about "been plugging yourself into the
mains again?"]

At work, things become more interesting. Quite a number of people
actually paid no notice at all, as theorised. It's a bizare kind of
feeling walking around looking like an escaped hobo and finding that
NOBODY EVEN CARES. I guess that's just how insignificant I am. ;-)

Some people did notice, however. When I walked through the door, one
ladie squeeled "ooo, you're looking cool today. Get you!" Ten minutes
later, she tells me I have to go to the lab office because her mate
wants to see my new look. Her mate's comment was "so what happened to
the other Andrew then?" (I think I told her I'm his Evil Twin.)

If they weren't both married with school-aged children, I migth be
excited. :-P

Our accountant seemed to like the effect too. She's wearing a little
black skirt today, by the way. Nice, but not nearly as hot as the
amazing brown dress she had on Monday. Ooooo... It was long and flowing,
and it had a bit slit up the middle. Every time she walked past my
office, I got to see her inside thigh. And she definitely has the figure
(and the LEGS) for it! ;-)

Damnit, I need a girlfriend! :-(

Post a reply to this message