POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Which processor to use? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  Which processor to use? (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: TC
Subject: Which processor to use?
Date: 1 Jul 2009 05:25:47
Message: <4a4b2b9b@news.povray.org>
Hi, everybody!

who has some experience in the field of CPUs and has the time to share his
or her wisdom?

Which of the following is the fastest for encoding / editing video and
having some fun with PovRay? Which one would you buy? Or something entirely
different?

(The Pov-Benchmark group does not seem to do much benchmarking at all, at
least I did not find anything useful there...)

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

- Intel Core i7-920 Box 8192Kb

- AMD Phenom II X4 945

Post a reply to this message