POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nikon D90 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Nikon D90 (Message 1 to 10 of 76)
From: Darren New
Subject: Nikon D90
Date: 26 Jun 2009 23:39:32
Message: <4a459474$1@news.povray.org>
My new camera is here. It seems very ... manual compared to my other
cameras. Why do I need three separate switches to turn on and off autofocus?
Why do you need to be careful to switch off vibration reduction before
turning off the camera?

(Of course, I know the answers. It's rhetorical, see.)

I will say, it seems to take pretty darn nice pictures. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western

Post a reply to this message

http://web.me.com/aaronandpatty/What_the_Duck/Comic_Strips/Entries/2009/1/6_WTD_95.html

--
How do frogs die? Ker-mit suicide.

                     /\  /\               /\  /
                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl

Post a reply to this message

> My new camera is here. It seems very ... manual compared to my other
> cameras. Why do I need three separate switches to turn on and off
> autofocus? Why do you need to be careful to switch off vibration
> reduction before turning off the camera?
>
> (Of course, I know the answers. It's rhetorical, see.)
>
> I will say, it seems to take pretty darn nice pictures. :-)

...isn't that... um... absurdly expensive?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> ...isn't that... um... absurdly expensive?

In the US? I don't believe so. After all, it's only something like 900€
at Europe.

-Aero

Post a reply to this message

>> ...isn't that... um... absurdly expensive?
>
> In the US? I don't believe so. After all, it's only something like 900€
> at Europe.

Oh, *only*... :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Yes. After all, it's AFAIK the cheapest non-Canon CMOS -based SLR. At
least it's the cheapest CMOS-based Nikon SLR.

-Aero

Post a reply to this message

> Yes. After all, it's AFAIK the cheapest non-Canon CMOS -based SLR. At
> least it's the cheapest CMOS-based Nikon SLR.

I thought that was the D20...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> Yes. After all, it's AFAIK the cheapest non-Canon CMOS -based SLR. At
>> least it's the cheapest CMOS-based Nikon SLR.
>
> I thought that was the D20...

Can you link specs? I've never heard of such model, Nikon's web-pages
won't show it, neither does Digiwowo.

-Aero

Post a reply to this message