POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nikon D90 Server Time
9 Oct 2024 04:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Nikon D90 (Message 21 to 30 of 76)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Nikon D90
Date: 27 Jun 2009 12:57:42
Message: <4a464f86$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/noprint/D90_ennoprint.pdf

And if you want more marketing...

http://www.europe-nikon.com/downloads/w==/GNEaxCabQL2I_aRF3JcbZXkMJ5WqvG0E/8mnyVqcn5gAGddWe8sYfG~HIYMqdocLy/TVZHMEDcYbmSqSwCX~xTQ/D90_brochure_en.pdf

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western
   border of the State of Mind.

Post a reply to this message

From: Florian Pesth
Date: 27 Jun 2009 13:03:25
Message: <4a4650dd$1@news.povray.org>
Am Sat, 27 Jun 2009 09:48:26 -0700 schrieb Darren New:

> Yes. And it really does have a "manual vs auto" focus button on both the
> lens and the body. I don't know yet what happens if you set them
> differently. :-)

On some lenses you have an M/A and an M setting allowing in the M/A
setting to use the camera automatic as well as manual. So you can
autofocus and if you don't like it refocus manual without changing the
setting. But why there is then a seperate M setting I don't know... maybe
something to do with beeing able to focus over infinity (this is usually
allowed for the autofocus not to damage the mechanics). (BTW I have the
previous model, the D80).

What kind of lenses do you have? I do some macro photography and just
recently started with birds (I got an old manual 300/4.5 for that - still
a long way to go) but thinking about getting an wideangle lens.

Post a reply to this message