POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nikon D90 : Re: Nikon D90 Server Time
9 Oct 2024 06:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nikon D90
From: Florian Pesth
Date: 27 Jun 2009 13:03:25
Message: <4a4650dd$1@news.povray.org>
Am Sat, 27 Jun 2009 09:48:26 -0700 schrieb Darren New:

> Yes. And it really does have a "manual vs auto" focus button on both the
> lens and the body. I don't know yet what happens if you set them
> differently. :-)

On some lenses you have an M/A and an M setting allowing in the M/A
setting to use the camera automatic as well as manual. So you can
autofocus and if you don't like it refocus manual without changing the
setting. But why there is then a seperate M setting I don't know... maybe
something to do with beeing able to focus over infinity (this is usually
allowed for the autofocus not to damage the mechanics). (BTW I have the
previous model, the D80).

What kind of lenses do you have? I do some macro photography and just
recently started with birds (I got an old manual 300/4.5 for that - still
a long way to go) but thinking about getting an wideangle lens.