POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Building a new PC Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Building a new PC (Message 1 to 10 of 51)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Building a new PC
Date: 19 Jun 2009 08:26:49
Message: <4a3b8409$1@news.povray.org>
Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache
GIGABYTE GA-EP45C-UD3R
Galaxy 95TGE8HUFEXX GeForce 9500 GT 1GB
2 GB DDR3 1600 Memory

Nice, yes? :-D

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: Building a new PC
Date: 19 Jun 2009 08:36:22
Message: <4a3b8646$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Specs:
>
> Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache
> GIGABYTE GA-EP45C-UD3R
> Galaxy 95TGE8HUFEXX GeForce 9500 GT 1GB
> 2 GB DDR3 1600 Memory
>
> Nice, yes? :-D

Why so low memory?

-Aero

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 19 Jun 2009 08:36:35
Message: <4a3b8653@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Specs:
>
> Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache
> GIGABYTE GA-EP45C-UD3R
> Galaxy 95TGE8HUFEXX GeForce 9500 GT 1GB
> 2 GB DDR3 1600 Memory
>
> Nice, yes? :-D

Eh, not bad.

The server I just sent back had *two* quad-core Xeons in it, 3GHz each,

OTOH, no GeForce. ;-)

Two questions:
- Why the GeForce 9-series? Price, or...?
- Why only 2GB RAM? (I can't believe I'm actually saying that out loud...)

Post a reply to this message