POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Building a new PC : Re: Building a new PC Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Building a new PC
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 19 Jun 2009 09:29:38
Message: <4a3b92c2$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Two questions:
> - Why the GeForce 9-series? Price, or...?

Mostly price... Though, I'm not much of a gamer, either, so I don't need
the latest super-fast display.

> - Why only 2GB RAM? (I can't believe I'm actually saying that out loud...)

Not quite ready to run a 64-bit OS, don't need the extra memory. I've
seen very little appreciable gain with more than 2GB of ram, and memory
is easily upgradeable later.

Hard drives will be transferred from my old machine, 1TB worth of SATA
drives. Should be plenty for the moment.

And the display adapter is something that can easily be upgraded later
as well.
--
~Mike