POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Friday morning Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:11:19 EDT (-0400)
  Friday morning (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Invisible
Subject: Friday morning
Date: 19 Jun 2009 03:58:45
Message: <4a3b4535$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.xkcd.com/599/

If this doesn't make you laugh, you fail. :-P

Post a reply to this message

From: Paul Fuller
Subject: Re: Friday morning
Date: 19 Jun 2009 06:10:46
Message: <4a3b6426$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> http://www.xkcd.com/599/
>
> If this doesn't make you laugh, you fail. :-P

After some brushing up - Ah I see, 'thus achieving an Erdos number of 1'.

Laughs.  Thus avoiding failure in the eyes of Invisible.

Post a reply to this message

>> If this doesn't make you laugh, you fail. :-P
>
> After some brushing up - Ah I see, 'thus achieving an Erdos number of 1'.
>
> Laughs.  Thus avoiding failure in the eyes of Invisible.

Note also the alt-text, with its invocation of the Bacon Number. ;-)

Now go purchase/borrow this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Linked-Everything-Connected-Business-Everyday/dp/0452284392

I guarantee an interesting and entertaining read. ;-) (For instance: how
is the OS market like a Bose-Einstien condensate?)

Post a reply to this message

>>> If this doesn't make you laugh, you fail. :-P
>>
>> After some brushing up - Ah I see, 'thus achieving an Erdos number of 1'.
>>
>> Laughs.  Thus avoiding failure in the eyes of Invisible.
>
> Note also the alt-text, with its invocation of the Bacon Number. ;-)
>
> Now go purchase/borrow this:
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Linked-Everything-Connected-Business-Everyday/dp/0452284392
>

> I guarantee an interesting and entertaining read. ;-) (For instance: how
> is the OS market like a Bose-Einstien condensate?)

All of the energetic particles (ideas) escape thus lowering the average
temperature... until the remainder all share the lowest quantum energy
level and condense ... into Windows 8 ?

Post a reply to this message

>> how is the OS market like a Bose-Einstien condensate?
>
> All of the energetic particles (ideas) escape thus lowering the average
> temperature... until the remainder all share the lowest quantum energy
> level and condense ... into Windows 8 ?

LMAO!

Actually it has something to do with network theory and quantum
numbers... but your explanation sounds far more amusing.

Post a reply to this message