POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Major fails Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  Major fails (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Major fails
Date: 20 Jun 2009 13:28:51
Message: <4a3d1c53@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   And again, the punishment was in no way proportional to the crime, no
> > matter how "willfully" the criminal did it.

> BTW, the RIAA according to some reports is *still* willing to settle for
> some $3000 to $5000.  That seems entirely reasonable to me.

  It sounds a bit like the typical scare tactics: "Either you pay us $5000,
or we will sue you for $1 million. You decide." The $5000 all in itself is
an exorbitant sum, but when it's being contrasted with the astronomical sum
of 1 million, suddenly it starts being "reasonable".

  Of course this particular case is rather exceptional in that it's not only
a threat, but they got the judiciary system to back them up. Somehow I get
the feeling the judiciary system is being manipulated for the classic
extortion scheme.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message