POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Astromonical numbers Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  Astromonical numbers (Message 21 to 25 of 25)
From: Tim Attwood
Subject: Re: Astromonical numbers
Date: 13 Jun 2009 16:48:54
Message: <4a3410b6$1@news.povray.org>
>> Yeah, the US national debt is about $11.3*10^12 ...
>>
>> or $113 for every star in the milky way,
>> or $1738 for every person alive on earth,

>> I guess that makes it astronomically big.
>
> Can debt be said to physically exist?

Yeah, it's information, which means debt physically exists.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_physics
Most of it's probably on some bank computers.

The bigger question is should debt exist.
IMO any system that includes fractional reserve
banking is prone to catastrophic failure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional-reserve_banking

Post a reply to this message