POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crazy ideas for Monday morning Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:15:47 EDT (-0400)
  Crazy ideas for Monday morning (Message 50 to 59 of 69)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Crazy ideas for Monday morning
Date: 14 Jun 2009 05:30:31
Message: <4a34c337$1@news.povray.org>
>> Yeah, well, you can't really put that in a CV or an application.
>
> Sure. It goes under the "skills" section. "Self-motivated" or
> "self-started" is usually how it's described in the help-wanted ad.

Sure. Trouble is, *anybody* can say that. Words are cheap. Employers
want some kind of proof - and I don't have any yet.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Stephen
Date: 14 Jun 2009 05:51:11
Message: <cvh935dpd9ki36vipqdb9eo3chulu1b75q@4ax.com>
On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 10:29:29 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>I don't care how much you pay me, I am NOT working in London.

True you are not working in London ;)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Jun 2009 12:43:23
Message: <4a3528ab$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 10:30:36 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Yeah, well, you can't really put that in a CV or an application.
>>
>> Sure. It goes under the "skills" section. "Self-motivated" or
>> "self-started" is usually how it's described in the help-wanted ad.
>
> Sure. Trouble is, *anybody* can say that. Words are cheap. Employers
> want some kind of proof - and I don't have any yet.

Sure you do.  The projects you've done that show that you've learned this
stuff on your own, combined with a lack of formal education in the areas
in question.

Jim

Post a reply to this message