POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crazy ideas for Monday morning Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Crazy ideas for Monday morning (Message 1 to 10 of 69)
From: Invisible
Subject: Crazy ideas for Monday morning
Date: 8 Jun 2009 06:37:54
Message: <4a2cea02$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.wolframalpha.com/jobs/application.cgi

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Crazy ideas for Monday morning
Date: 8 Jun 2009 08:05:19
Message: <4a2cfe7f$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> http://www.wolframalpha.com/jobs/application.cgi

Well, did you?

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 8 Jun 2009 08:17:33
Message: <4a2d015d$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> Well, did you?

Not yet. I'm working on it. ;-)

Although I have to feel... damn, there has got to me *a lot* of interest
in this. I'm wondering how I make myself stand out as somebody who might
actually be worth interviewing inamoungs the inevitable stampede of
people who think this is a ticket to getting paid to set around all day
playing with equations.

Post a reply to this message

"Our primary locations are Champaign, Boston, Chicago, and Oxford [...]"

Um, maybe a stupid question, but... is there more than one Oxford? (I've
made this mistake with Cambridge a few times; apparently there's a
Cambridge in America somewhere.)

Post a reply to this message

> "Our primary locations are Champaign, Boston, Chicago, and Oxford [...]"
>
> Um, maybe a stupid question, but... is there more than one Oxford? (I've
> made this mistake with Cambridge a few times; apparently there's a
> Cambridge in America somewhere.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_(disambiguation)

Take your pick ;-)

Post a reply to this message

>> "Our primary locations are Champaign, Boston, Chicago, and Oxford [...]"
>>
>> Um, maybe a stupid question, but... is there more than one Oxford? (I've
>> made this mistake with Cambridge a few times; apparently there's a
>> Cambridge in America somewhere.)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_(disambiguation)
>
> Take your pick ;-)

****.

Right. So it's pointless applying to them anyway, since they only reside
in America. Cool.

Post a reply to this message

> >> "Our primary locations are Champaign, Boston, Chicago, and Oxford [...]"
> >>
> >> Um, maybe a stupid question, but... is there more than one Oxford? (I've
> >> made this mistake with Cambridge a few times; apparently there's a
> >> Cambridge in America somewhere.)
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_(disambiguation)
> >
> > Take your pick ;-)
>
> ****.
>
> Right. So it's pointless applying to them anyway, since they only reside
> in America. Cool.

Are you sure it's a US Oxford? If they had just one UK office, it might be
Oxford. It must say for certain somewhere on the website...

Post a reply to this message

>> Right. So it's pointless applying to them anyway, since they only reside
>> in America. Cool.
>
> Are you sure it's a US Oxford? If they had just one UK office, it might be
> Oxford. It must say for certain somewhere on the website...

Well, all the other locations listed are definitely in the USA. Seems
logical that the final one would be as well. Unfortunately, there's no
way to check.

I suppose I could apply to them anyway just for the pleasure of being
rejected yet again...

Post a reply to this message