POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crazy ideas for Monday morning : Re: Crazy ideas for Monday morning Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy ideas for Monday morning
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Jun 2009 09:12:04
Message: <4a2e5fa4$1@news.povray.org>
>> Well, all the other locations listed are definitely in the USA. Seems
>> logical that the final one would be as well. Unfortunately, there's no
>> way to check.
>
>     Faulty induction.

I'd tend to say "insufficient information". In that case, you make a
best guess.

>     Also, there is no well known place called Oxford in the US. If they
> said Oxford without clarification, there's a good chance it's in the UK.

OK. I've seen "Cambridge" without qualification several times, when they
actually meant Cambridge MA.

>     But since you're going to argue:
>
> http://wolfram.com/company/background.html
>
> Locations: Champaign, IL (worldwide headquarters); Oxfordshire, UK
> (European headquarters); Tokyo, Japan (Asian headquarters); with
> additional locations in Cambridge, MA; Paris, France; etc.

If you want to split hairs, that's Wolfram Research Inc., and I'm
debating applying to Wolfram Alpha LLC - but it would seem completely
plausible that these two companies share the same premises...