POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fluff Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  The fluff (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Invisible
Subject: The fluff
Date: 5 Jun 2009 05:15:48
Message: <4a28e244$1@news.povray.org>
Oh, the frustration of stupid company politics.

It's at times like this when I feel like writing a really flippant
response. Something along the lines of "oh, well, if I'm not authorised
to do this, then that's just fine. I'll just leave it exactly the way it
is, and then _when_ it's reported as a serious audit finding, I'll let
you take the blame for it for NOT LETTING ME DO MY ****ING JOB IN THE
FIRST PLACE!!"

Sadly, I severely doubt this will actually work. You don't get to be the
Director of IT unless you're good at playing the political game
(regardless of how much you actually know about IT).

Jesus I sound jaded... o_O I'm only 29. :'{

Post a reply to this message

> Oh, the frustration of stupid company politics.
>
> It's at times like this when I feel like writing a really flippant
> response. Something along the lines of "oh, well, if I'm not authorised
> to do this, then that's just fine. I'll just leave it exactly the way it
> is, and then _when_ it's reported as a serious audit finding, I'll let
> you take the blame for it for NOT LETTING ME DO MY ****ING JOB IN THE
> FIRST PLACE!!"

Document everything.  If someone says you can't do something, have them
sign a document saying such.  Tell them, "Sign this or SYIM and let me
do it."

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

>> Oh, the frustration of stupid company politics.
>>
>> It's at times like this when I feel like writing a really flippant
>> response. Something along the lines of "oh, well, if I'm not
>> authorised to do this, then that's just fine. I'll just leave it
>> exactly the way it is, and then _when_ it's reported as a serious
>> audit finding, I'll let you take the blame for it for NOT LETTING ME
>> DO MY ****ING JOB IN THE FIRST PLACE!!"
>
> Document everything.  If someone says you can't do something, have them
> sign a document saying such.  Tell them, "Sign this or SYIM and let me
> do it."

	Second that. Even a simple email from them may suffice in saving your
rear end. However, demanding a signature may scare them enough to let
you do whatever it is you want.

--
Objects in calendar are closer than they appear.

                    /\  /\               /\  /
                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 09:21:34 -0500, Mueen Nawaz wrote:

>> Document everything.  If someone says you can't do something, have them
>> sign a document saying such.  Tell them, "Sign this or SYIM and let me
>> do it."
>
> 	Second that. Even a simple email from them may suffice in saving
your
> rear end. However, demanding a signature may scare them enough to let
> you do whatever it is you want.

Thirded.  I would get it in writing and save it.  First rule of CYA is if
it's not in writing, it didn't happen.

Jim