POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe! Server Time
9 Oct 2024 15:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe! (Message 71 to 80 of 87)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 7 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: iPod / Music Industry / J-pop / Gripe!
Date: 6 Jun 2009 10:50:17
Message: <4a2a8229@news.povray.org>
> Here we've even had lawsuits where men sued because they couldn't get hired
> to work at a topless restaurant. (I.e., a "hooters" type place.)

  Well, there everyone sues everyone else for every possible reason, just
to see if they can milk some money from them.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 6 Jun 2009 10:52:13
Message: <4a2a829d@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
>         And then there are export restrictions.

  But in this case it would be an US company refusing to sell a US citizen.
(Ok, I don't know if the original poster is an US citizen, but the situation
can perfectly well happen to one.) Nothing to export here.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> Here we've even had lawsuits where men sued because they couldn't get hired
>> to work at a topless restaurant. (I.e., a "hooters" type place.)
>
>   Well, there everyone sues everyone else for every possible reason, just
> to see if they can milk some money from them.

Yes, it was a pretty silly lawsuit.

Lawyers: America's great untapped export market.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 10:50:17 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> Here we've even had lawsuits where men sued because they couldn't get
>> hired to work at a topless restaurant. (I.e., a "hooters" type place.)
>
>   Well, there everyone sues everyone else for every possible reason,
>   just
> to see if they can milk some money from them.

Well, no, not *everyone*.  I haven't sued anyone.  So there's a
counterexample to disprove your assertion. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> Well, no, not *everyone*.  I haven't sued anyone.  So there's a

	Yet.

--
The next war will determine not what is right, but what is left.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message