POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Objective comparison of computer languages. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:12:57 EDT (-0400)
  Objective comparison of computer languages. (Message 1 to 10 of 38)
From: Darren New
Subject: Objective comparison of computer languages.
Date: 31 May 2009 16:58:20
Message: <4a22ef6c@news.povray.org>
Pretty cool way of visualizing it.

http://gmarceau.qc.ca/blog/2009/05/speed-size-and-dependability-of.html

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: JeffBTX
Subject: Re: Objective comparison of computer languages.
Date: 31 May 2009 17:35:01
Message: <web.4a22f6dfbc23b7ea838003e0@news.povray.org>
> Pretty cool way of visualizing it.
>
> http://gmarceau.qc.ca/blog/2009/05/speed-size-and-dependability-of.html
>
> --
>    Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
>    There's no CD like OCD, there's no CD I knoooow!

They left out assembler...

( me -> ducks behind my computer desk )

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 31 May 2009 18:50:01
Message: <web.4a230954bc23b7ea1aacc3b80@news.povray.org>
> Pretty cool way of visualizing it.
>
> http://gmarceau.qc.ca/blog/2009/05/speed-size-and-dependability-of.html

This is some finding!  Very interesting no doubt!

Python looks like a supernova!  Ruby is way off to the right!  LuaJIT spot-on as
one of the best scripting languages around.  and I have a soft spot for Ikarus
Scheme... :)

well, the chart speaks for itself.  best yet:

"Does introducing functional features kill performance?
No, it does not."

:)

Post a reply to this message