POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That feeling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  That feeling (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Invisible
Subject: That feeling
Date: 29 May 2009 08:58:59
Message: <4a1fdc13@news.povray.org>
Downloading Internet Explorer 8... Done.

Checking your computer for malicious software...
Detected Micro$oft Windoze!

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: That feeling
Date: 29 May 2009 09:05:41
Message: <4a1fdda5@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Downloading Internet Explorer 8...

  Why?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 29 May 2009 09:11:30
Message: <4a1fdf02$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> Downloading Internet Explorer 8...
>
>   Why?

I selected "Install all critical updates for Windows". Apparently IE8 is
a "critical security update" that has to be installed immediately.

<insert comment about IE's legendary security here>

Post a reply to this message

> I selected "Install all critical updates for Windows". Apparently IE8 is
> a "critical security update" that has to be installed immediately.

  In most linux distros (at least OpenSUSE) you get to choose if you want
to install an update or not. (Usually there's no reason not to, though.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Downloading Internet Explorer 8... Done.
>
> Checking your computer for malicious software...
> Detected Micro$oft Windoze!

ROTFLMAO

--
"Eppur si muove" - Galileo Galilei

Post a reply to this message

> I selected "Install all critical updates for Windows". Apparently IE8 is
> a "critical security update" that has to be installed immediately.
>
> <insert comment about IE's legendary security here>

Is IE 8 less secure than 7?  From what I've read, it's more.  Hence a
critical security update.  IE users need every bit they can get, see?

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message