POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That feeling : Re: That feeling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That feeling
From: Invisible
Date: 29 May 2009 11:22:17
Message: <4a1ffda9$1@news.povray.org>
>> I selected "Install all critical updates for Windows". Apparently IE8
>> is a "critical security update" that has to be installed immediately.
>>
>> <insert comment about IE's legendary security here>
>
> Is IE 8 less secure than 7?

It's news to me that there *is* an IE 8 already. Last I heard, 7 had
just come out. But anyway, on past form, I would suggest that IE 8
corrects a huge raft of problems with IE 6 and IE 7, while at the same
time introducing a whole new range of problems of its own.
Unfortunately, this is what happens when your software isn't designed to
be secure in the first place, and you try to hack that in afterwards
while still retaining backwards compatibility.

> From what I've read, it's more.  Hence a
> critical security update.  IE users need every bit they can get, see?

LOL! Ain't that the truth...