POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rewards Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Rewards (Message 41 to 46 of 46)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Rewards
Date: 27 May 2009 13:31:38
Message: <4a1d78fa$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> FWIW, as I understand it, it's not the water as such. The setting of
> concrete involves a chemical reaction rather than the mere removal of
> the water.

The evaporation of the water causes the chemical reaction.

To delay the setting, you can add more water, but then you wind up with
gravel in very runny concrete that doesn't stick. If you don't add water,
then eventually the concrete will set, even being agigated. It just won't
stick to anything. You'll have a whole bunch of gravel covered with a thin
layer of concrete.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)