POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rewards : Re: Rewards Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rewards
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 27 May 2009 18:29:17
Message: <4a1dbebd$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Did you hear the story about the guy who sent back an envelope full of
>>> dimes, just heavy enough to put it into the next postage class, so the
>>> advertiser had to pay extra duty on it? And when they complained that
>>> he sent a bunch of dimes rather than a form, he said he did it by
>>> mistake, and demanded that they *return* the money to him, so they
>>> sent him a cheque for $0.18 or whatever it was.
>>
>> http://bash.org/?127039
>>
>> Follow-up:
>> http://bash.org/?743595
>
> Right. So *definitely* 100% balony then! ;-)

I sent a bunch of garbage to one of those places,
but I made sure not to put my address on any of the
junk in the envelope.
A long time ago we had Sprint LD service, one of
the employees stole our credit card number. The
crooks got arested because they used the counterfit
card to pay their own electric bill. Dumb loosers!

Anyway, Sprint got dropped, but several times
in the following years they would bill very small
amounts. We didn't owe it, they just never purged
their system. So here's a bill, you owe us $0.12,
even though you haven't used our service in years,
and when you did, we stole from you.