POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An excellent screed on copyright, DRM, piano rolls, etc. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  An excellent screed on copyright, DRM, piano rolls, etc. (Message 20 to 29 of 49)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: An excellent screed on copyright, DRM, piano rolls, etc.
Date: 21 May 2009 16:42:04
Message: <4a15bc9c@news.povray.org>
Warp escreveu:
>> Warp wrote:
>
>>>   The music industry is really, really greedy.
>
>>  From what I hear, the film industry is not much different...
>
>   At least the film industry has more reason for their actions. After all,
> if you pour 100 million dollars into making one single movie, you have some
> good motives to protect your rights.
>
>   How much does it cost to create one CD of music?

well, for one there's the drugs dealers fueling the musicians, there's
the hookers for their enjoyment during touring, hundreds of towels,
5-star rooms in top hotels, all the dancers and performers and light
technicians to make a few notes and many noises feel like a symphony
etc.  It surely costs a lot.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message