POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
9 Oct 2024 18:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Watchmen vs The Incredibles (Message 81 to 90 of 125)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
Date: 16 May 2009 18:28:33
Message: <4a0f3e11$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> nemesis wrote:
>>> He set out to make a movie about super-heroes.  He had to draw some
>>> references.  How about the plot of one of the most acclaimed comic
>>> books in the genre?
>>
>> In generics, "good guy scoffs at secret admirer, and winds up having
>> to defeat admirer's plan to get revenge" is pretty standard fare.
>
> Yes, and yet despite being this generic, it's not the plot of Watchmen,
> only Incredibles.

So, clearly, the plot of Incredibles wasn't inspired by the plot of
Watchmen.  Quid pro quo epsom cephalopod. ;-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: nemesis
Date: 16 May 2009 18:29:38
Message: <4a0f3e52@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>> but the simple idea that the plot is similar to that of Watchmen isn't
>> allowed
>
> But that isn't what you claimed. You claimed it was an inspiration.

I reworked it as just a brief list of plot points shared by both works
under the Critics section.  Deleted.  More to the point, I never saw an
idea being deleted on the Discussion page.  Never, despite some heavy
flamewars.

It's simply not allowed.  Not that I care anymore.

Post a reply to this message