POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles : Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 16 May 2009 18:33:36
Message: <op.ut1nmafo7bxctx@e6600>
On Sun, 17 May 2009 00:15:04 +0200, nemesis
<nam### [at] nospam-gmailcom> wrote:
> Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 May 2009 21:34:53 +0200, nemesis
>> <nam### [at] nospam-gmailcom> wrote:
>>>
>>> There are no outlawed heroes nor huge squids in either Batman
>>  Read 'The Dark Knight Returns'.
>
> Yes, I read it at the time it was released, though I was only an
> adolescent and possibly did not get all references.  I just reread it
> now just to be sure:  no outlawed heroes, only retired heroes.

The government forbids heroes from appearing in public and punishes them
quite severely if they disobey. They are effectively outlawed, even if the
law is not in writing.

> No huge squid terrorizing a city either.
>
>>> or the Bible.
>>  Read the New Testament.
>
> Sorry, I don't see it.  In particular, this is a discussion about
> super-heroes from american XX century comics and I don't see the
> relevance of that here.

You were talking about outlawed heroes. In the bible, Jesus was a hero. A
superhero really. He was most certainly outlawed, and even sentenced to
death.

If you insist on limiting the discussion to comic books you may wish to
read this:
http://www.amazon.com/Eye-Witness-Fictional-Absolute-Truth/dp/0975892401?s=books&qid=1242512645

--
FE