POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I've been hit by... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  I've been hit by... (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: St
Subject: I've been hit by...
Date: 14 May 2009 16:32:20
Message: <4a0c7fd4$1@news.povray.org>
... the "RedemptionPeriod" on our works domain.

    Did some research on it:
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/period-farce-exposed/

    Notice how old that article is, yet I've never had cause to hear about
it before now.

      I'm case #1.

    Anyone here had this 'problem' with their domain? I'd love to hear how
it went with your experience.

    I'm seriously unhappy at the moment, and I really couldn't explain the
amount of work I've done on a new website using the free Joomla/VirtueMart
CMS over the last 3 months which we were going to update soon - and now this
has hit me.

    For the last 6-7 years our works domain has been on 'auto-renew' and
when I checked Whois 3 weeks ago now, (about 2 weeks before the domain was
up for renewal on the 1st May) it looked as normal as it ever did. The 1st
of May passed and our site was still live, leaving me thinking: "Cool, ok
for another 2 years". And then on Tuesday, (12th May) the site was not
accessible, and still isn't. I can't reply to important emails unless I use
my own personal email address, and really don't want to go down that route.
More importantly, there are no orders now, well, not that I can get hold of
that is, because I just can't receive emails from that domain now. Even more
importantly, there are customers that I've been in liason with that want to
know answers to their questions regarding CUSTOM designs that I've been
working my butt off on. Special designs that have cost me development time
(my own time, normally after work hours). Special designs that are important
to the customer and the bride-to-be.

   My boss is in China at the moment, and will be back soon, and he's going
to go ape-shit over this. This is where case #1 comes in.

    It's almost like it's *ok* to commit murder. That's how I feel.

     </rant over>

        Steve

Post a reply to this message