POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another Vista stupidity Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  Another Vista stupidity (Message 1 to 10 of 42)
From: Darren New
Subject: Another Vista stupidity
Date: 12 May 2009 13:40:20
Message: <4a09b484@news.povray.org>
If you delete a TV show from an extender, Vista puts it in the recycle bin.
But it goes in the recycle bin for the extender, and there's apparently no
way to empty that. The "disk cleanup" doesn't clean it up, and you can't log
into the extender's account from the desktop.

I've had to go and cd into the recycle bin directory to clean things up.
That can't be healthy. :-)
--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

> If you delete a TV show from an extender, Vista puts it in the recycle
> bin. But it goes in the recycle bin for the extender, and there's
> apparently no way to empty that. The "disk cleanup" doesn't clean it up,
> and you can't log into the extender's account from the desktop.
>
> I've had to go and cd into the recycle bin directory to clean things up.
> That can't be healthy. :-)

so for the obvious:  what is an extender?

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

> so for the obvious:  what is an extender?

Sorry.  Computer is upstairs.  XBox is downstairs connected to TV and
network. XBox connects to upstairs computer to control the media center
software on upstairs computer, fetching media to show on the downstairs TV.

People make other cheap extenders, but they don't work with the Vista version.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

>> so for the obvious:  what is an extender?
>
> Sorry.  Computer is upstairs.  XBox is downstairs connected to TV and
> network. XBox connects to upstairs computer to control the media center
> software on upstairs computer, fetching media to show on the downstairs TV.

tried W7 yet?