POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That XKCD thing Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  That XKCD thing (Message 71 to 80 of 88)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: That XKCD thing
Date: 13 May 2009 14:00:14
Message: <4a0b0aae$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> do very well, but they also pointed out that the autopilots in aircraft
> these days are pretty amazing, and the plane can for the most part fly
> itself.

I've heard that the computer in the US space shuttles is capable of
completely landing the craft, and the only thing needed is for the pilot to
lower the landing gear at the appropriate time.  Primarily to give the pilot
something to do. :-) I couldn't say how true such a thing is, but it sounds
right.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)