POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stupid question of the week Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Stupid question of the week (Message 6 to 15 of 25)
<<< Previous 5 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Mueen Nawaz
Subject: Re: Stupid question of the week
Date: 11 May 2009 10:25:32
Message: <4a08355c$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> This is what I was looking for. Thanks.
>>
>> Note that this is also the command equivalent for "nice".
>
> What does "nice" do?

	Allows you to run processes at a lower (or higher) priority.

--
DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAG (UNDER PENALTY OF LAW)

                    /\  /\               /\  /
                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 11 May 2009 10:55:16
Message: <4a083c54$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Note that this is also the command equivalent for "nice".
>> What does "nice" do?
>
> 	Allows you to run processes at a lower (or higher) priority.

Ah, I see. (Why the heck is it called "nice" then?)

I hadn't noticed the priority options to the "start" command...

Post a reply to this message