POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : LinkedIn Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  LinkedIn (Message 38 to 47 of 57)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: LinkedIn
Date: 6 May 2009 11:12:14
Message: <4a01a8cd@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Now I wonder if this place lets you delete your account?

Yeah, right.

From: Invisible
Date: 6 May 2009 11:19:20
Message: <4a01aa78$1@news.povray.org>
>> But I need to pay money to send you an invite. ;-)
>
> WTF really?!

Yep.

The idea, apparently, being that it stops random bots crawling the site
and spamming people.

(The *real* purpose should of course be completely obvious.)

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 May 2009 11:58:44
Message: <4a01b3b4$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 06 May 2009 09:23:12 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> Walk up to a random forum on the Internet and say "hi", and suddenly
> people potentially know quite a lot about you. o_O

Well, I can mention it now since your company's DNS records were changed
- but finding your e-mail address was a trivial exercise before the
record was changed. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message