POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : LinkedIn Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  LinkedIn (Message 21 to 30 of 57)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: LinkedIn
Date: 6 May 2009 07:31:35
Message: <4a017517$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Walk up to a random forum on the Internet and say "hi", and suddenly
>> people potentially know quite a lot about you. o_O
>
> In a way, yes, but people still need to do some work to find out that
> stuff, and most people avoid putting their actual home address on forums
> and social networking sites.

Yeah. I did some preliminary research, and it seems that various Google
searches will tell you my real identity and who I actually work for, but
there's nothing anywhere that says where I live. (Thank God!) Even so...
pretty disturbing, eh?

(Mind you, the expressed *purpose* of LinkedIn is to let people find
you, so I guess it's not so surprising that it lets people find you.)

> In Real Life you can always just follow the person until you get to
> their house :-)

In Real Life you can tell when somebody is following you. ;-)

Post a reply to this message