POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Win help editors Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Win help editors (Message 1 to 10 of 49)
From: Leroy Whetstone
Subject: Win help editors
Date: 4 Nov 2009 15:28:00
Message: <4AF1E41F.9030504@joplin.com>
I wrote a little program for my win98 to help lip sync with POV
animations. When it came to make the help file I found my old
Help editor (ElipseHelp) crashed. Then came the long search for a Help
editor that would work on my 98. I'm sick of it! I don't know how many
I've downloading, only to have them crash, or be just plain wrong.
  I'm serious thinking of going with a seperate Html file for the Help.
I'm blowing of steam :{ Ah.... That felt good.
If you have any suggustions. I'm listening.....

Post a reply to this message

>  I wrote a little program for my win98 to help lip sync with POV
> animations. When it came to make the help file I found my old
> Help editor (ElipseHelp) crashed. Then came the long search for a Help
> editor that would work on my 98. I'm sick of it! I don't know how many
> I've downloading, only to have them crash, or be just plain wrong.
>  I'm serious thinking of going with a seperate Html file for the Help.
> I'm blowing of steam :{ Ah.... That felt good.
> If you have any suggustions. I'm listening.....

Personally, I think HTML help files are great, as long as everything is
linked correctly. It's either one extra directory to the index, or one
extra visible folder to look at. A good trade-off, IMO.

Post a reply to this message

> Personally, I think HTML help files are great, as long as everything is
> linked correctly. It's either one extra directory to the index, or one
> extra visible folder to look at. A good trade-off, IMO.

I personally am more in for (well-indexed) PDF files.

Post a reply to this message