POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Win help editors : Re: Win help editors Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win help editors
From: clipka
Date: 5 Nov 2009 00:07:24
Message: <4af25d8c@news.povray.org>
Leroy Whetstone schrieb:

>> I personally am more in for (well-indexed) PDF files.
>
> What the BEEP.  I hate PDF files with a passion.
> You know what PDF means Pretty Damned F###ed.

Why is that?

They give a nice, clean, consistent layout on every output device
(including printers). HTML files, on the other hand, always have this
subtle "half-finished" feel to them, no matter how much effort you put
into their design.

And you can easily do a full-text search on a PDF, which is always a
semi-hassle with HTML help files (as they typically don't come in a
single file).