POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Win help editors Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Win help editors (Message 10 to 19 of 49)
<<< Previous 9 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Win help editors
Date: 5 Nov 2009 11:01:39
Message: <4af2f6e3$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible schrieb:

> Of course, PDF has the advantage of being a single, compressed file with
> no possibility of broken hyperlinks / missing images / missing fonts /
> etc. But for a help file, I'd suggest that HTML is more appropriate.
> (Who the hell is going to print out 2,000 pages on actual paper?)

Especially with a help file, I might want to do a full text search now
and then.

Screw your 2000+ HTML files.

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 5 Nov 2009 11:29:12
Message: <4af2fd58@news.povray.org>
> Especially with a help file, I might want to do a full text search now and
> then.
>
> Screw your 2000+ HTML files.

Isn't that what the MS help file format is for?  It is basically HTML AIUI,
but it has those "Index" "Search" and "Contents" panels for
search/navigation.  If you are using Visual Studio I think there was even
included a tool to build them automatically alongside your code (I never
used it though).

Post a reply to this message