POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Win help editors : Re: Win help editors Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win help editors
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Nov 2009 12:58:35
Message: <4af3124b$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 09:41:25 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> Of course, PDF has the advantage of being a single, compressed file with
> no possibility of broken hyperlinks / missing images / missing fonts /
> etc. But for a help file, I'd suggest that HTML is more appropriate.
> (Who the hell is going to print out 2,000 pages on actual paper?)

Broken hyperlinks is a definite possibility, both internal to the doc and
to external websites.

I've worked with Framemaker enough to know that it's possible to build a
PDF with borken internal document references, though you will get
warnings on that.  It doesn't validate external links are valid or not.

Jim