POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Obsolete technology Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Obsolete technology (Message 41 to 48 of 48)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: Re: Obsolete technology
Date: 28 Apr 2009 20:36:36
Message: <49f7a114$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
>> Ok, but what is the procedure then for using DriveXML to restore a
>> system that will not boot ?
>
> BartPE.  Boot into a Windows LiveCD, partition and format the disk, and
> start up DriveXML and click "restore". Pretty much like Linux.

So one would have had to make a BartPE CD prior to the restoration ?

- And for it to be legal one would have to either have made the CD
from the Windows installation that one are about to restore or from
a Windows installation that has been deleted after the BartPE CD
was made ?

I.e. each BartPE CD must have it's own license ?

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message