POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Obsolete technology : Re: Obsolete technology Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Obsolete technology
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Apr 2009 21:30:23
Message: <49f7adaf$1@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> So one would have had to make a BartPE CD prior to the restoration ?

Yes.

> - And for it to be legal one would have to either have made the CD
> from the Windows installation that one are about to restore or from
> a Windows installation that has been deleted after the BartPE CD
> was made ?

One would assume so, yes.  I *think* it may be that you can run only the
BartPE or the Windows installation you have a license for, but not both at
once.  So if I understand it properly, you could make the BartPE disk before
you screw up your Windows and just leave it sit, legally.  IANAL, YMMV, etc.

> I.e. each BartPE CD must have it's own license ?

Basically, I think it goes that you can only run one Windows per license. If
you boot the BartPE disk on the machine that has the Windows that has a
license, you're running Windows off the CD and not the HD, so there ya go.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)