POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Obsolete technology Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:13:40 EDT (-0400)
  Obsolete technology (Message 31 to 40 of 48)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Obsolete technology
Date: 28 Apr 2009 10:21:09
Message: <49f710d5$1@news.povray.org>
>> I still don't get why you can't just mount the file itself...
>
> Because the file is not a block device.

I thought the whole idea of the "device file" abstraction is that
accessing an entire device is no different from accessing a regular
file. And, if that's the case, you'd expect storing a filesystem inside
a file to be no different than storing a filesystem on a device.

And yet, it *is* different - one automatically works, the other requires
you to jump through hoops. Or, loops, in this case...

Post a reply to this message