POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mission: improbable Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Mission: improbable (Message 38 to 47 of 127)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: Epic win
Date: 22 Apr 2009 10:10:56
Message: <49ef2570$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/22/2009 2:43 AM, Warp wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCcCzj_yRtk

F'ing F'tastic!

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 22 Apr 2009 10:14:44
Message: <49ef2654@news.povray.org>
>>  Wait... You don't remember your own phone number from memory?
>> Or expect anyone else to remember theirs?
>
> When I need to give my home phone number to anyone, I have to look it up
> under "Me" on my mobile :-)

Likewise...

(And mine is unusually memorable.)

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 22 Apr 2009 10:17:00
Message: <49ef26db@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> >  Wait... You don't remember your own phone number from memory?
> > Or expect anyone else to remember theirs?

> When I need to give my home phone number to anyone, I have to look it up
> under "Me" on my mobile :-)

  Maybe it's different in your countries, but at least here it's relatively
common to have to fill out some documents asking your personal info, including
your phone number, especially anything related to official/government things.
Knowing your own phone number by heart is as natural as knowing your own name,
date of birth, street address and social security number by heart.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> When I need to give my home phone number to anyone, I have to look it up
>> under "Me" on my mobile :-)
>
>  Maybe it's different in your countries, but at least here it's relatively
> common to have to fill out some documents asking your personal info,
> including
> your phone number, especially anything related to official/government
> things.

Well yes, when I moved house I had to write the number on several forms, but
since then I have rarely used it, hence I can't remember it.  Actually I'm
not even sure of the area code!  Then again I've only lived there for a
little over a year, I can fully remember the complete phone number of the
house where I grew up.

> Knowing your own phone number by heart is as natural as knowing your own
> name,
> date of birth, street address and social security number by heart.

Social security number?  Again, cannot remember the last time I had to write
that anywhere, no chance of remembering it by heart.

Post a reply to this message