POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mission: improbable : Re: Epic win Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Epic win
From: scott
Date: 22 Apr 2009 10:26:25
Message: <49ef2911@news.povray.org>
>> When I need to give my home phone number to anyone, I have to look it up
>> under "Me" on my mobile :-)
>
>  Maybe it's different in your countries, but at least here it's relatively
> common to have to fill out some documents asking your personal info,
> including
> your phone number, especially anything related to official/government
> things.

Well yes, when I moved house I had to write the number on several forms, but
since then I have rarely used it, hence I can't remember it.  Actually I'm
not even sure of the area code!  Then again I've only lived there for a
little over a year, I can fully remember the complete phone number of the
house where I grew up.

> Knowing your own phone number by heart is as natural as knowing your own
> name,
> date of birth, street address and social security number by heart.

Social security number?  Again, cannot remember the last time I had to write
that anywhere, no chance of remembering it by heart.